TERMS & CONDITIONS
Booking conditions for “The Old Piggery”, c/o Coronation Cottage, Main Road, East Boldre, Hampshire. SO42 7WU
1. General. The Old Piggery is booked on the understanding that the accommodation is for holiday use for the dates booked only and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists for the Guest or anyone in the Guest’s party.
2. Guests’ obligations: Care must be taken of The Old Piggery and it must be left secure, when out. The Old Piggery is to be left in a clean and tidy state. You agree to keep the House and its contents in the same condition and repair as on your arrival at The Old Piggery. It is not permitted to rearrange the furniture. The Owner reserves the right to reasonably access the property during the period of hire, with prior notice whenever possible.
3. Booking: The Old Piggery bookings are confirmed by the issue of a receipt. The booking has not been accepted until this receipt is issued. It is the responsibility of the guests to check that the written confirmation is correct. We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
4. Cancellation: In the event of you cancelling your holiday up to 6 weeks before commencement, you forfeit only your booking deposit, which is 25% of the rental fee. Cancellation within the 6 weeks prior to commencement of your holiday will forfeit the full cost of the holiday. However, every effort will be made to re-let the House and, if successful, will refund you the monies paid, less the cost of administrative expenses in handling your booking and re-letting the House. You are advised to take out holiday cancellation insurance to cover this eventuality.
5. Non-availability of The Old Piggery: In the unlikely event that the House is not available as booked, then the Owner will refund all monies received, but is under no additional liability.
6. Deposit: Bookings will only be accepted on successful completion of writing on the official booking form, which must be accompanied by the appropriate payment. A 25% deposit is payable up to 6 weeks prior to commencement of the holiday. The full cost of the holiday plus £150 refundable damage deposit is due for bookings made less than 6 weeks prior to commencement.
7. Final payment: Once the booking is received and accepted by the Owner, the Guests are liable for payment of the balance of rent by the due dates outlined in point 6 above. A refundable damage deposit to the value of £150 is also required. Non-payment of the balance and damage deposit by the due date may be treated as a cancellation and the Owner may re-let the property at his discretion, unless notified by the guests of any delay in forwarding payment. This will mean you forfeiting the deposit.
8. Method of payment bookings: payments may be made by cheque (UK only), internet banking or bank transfer (details supplied on request). Cheques should be payable to ‘Lisa Grisley’. Post-dated cheques are not acceptable. Any Overseas bookings, please make payments in Pounds Sterling.
9. Smoking: For the comfort of all of our guests, smoking is not permitted inside The Old Piggery. If evidence of smoking is detected we reserve the right to terminate your holiday immediately and will levy a charge for additional cleaning.
10. Pets: For the comfort of all of our guests, pets are not permitted.
11. Duration and times of letting: Unless otherwise agreed, prior to your holiday, weekly bookings are Friday to Friday. Occupancy cannot be taken up until 3pm on the day of arrival. The Old Piggery must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure.
12. Eligibility and Total number in party: In no circumstances may the maximum number of guests (4 + baby) be exceeded. Only those guests listed on the official booking form may occupy the House and use its facilities. Any changes in guest names and numbers must be advised prior to commencement of the holiday.
13. Breakage/damage: Guests should satisfy themselves that everything is present and in working order at the beginning of their holiday. Reference may be made to the inventory provided. Guests must report to the Owner, any loss, damage or breakage that occurs during their stay. The £150 damage deposit will be refunded in full within 7 days of the end of the holiday provided: (a) No damage, breakage or loss to the building, furniture, fittings, equipment or décor has occurred. (b) The property has been left in a clean and tidy condition and does not incur excessive cleaning charges. (c) The front door key has been returned to the owner. Any damage or loss is fully chargeable to the guests and is not limited to the £150 damage deposit.
14. Linen: Bed linen is provided and beds made up for your arrival. Bathroom towels, Hand towels and Bath Mats are provided. Linen must not be removed from the House. Guests will need to bring their own beach towels.
15. Cots: Guests needing a cot will need to bring their own Travel Cot and cot linen. 16. Descriptions: Good care has been exercised to provide accurate information in The Old Piggery about local attractions and facilities, however these things are liable to change and are outside the Owner’s control.
17. Complaints: All complaints must be reported to the Owner immediately so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made, if necessary, and remedial action taken where required. In no circumstances will compensation be made for complaints raised after the holiday has ended, when the Owner has been denied the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to put matters right during the holiday.
18. VAT: The Owner is not registered for VAT and the rental charges are therefore not subject to VAT.
19. Liability: Guests are totally responsible for their personal property and belongings. The Owner accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any injury sustained to any person, or any damage, breakage or loss to any personal property brought onto the premises.
20. Breach of contract: If there is a breach of any of these conditions, the Owner reserves the right to re-enter the property and terminate the holiday without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the Owner.
21. Authority to sign: The person who makes the online booking or who signs the booking form certifies that he/she is authorised to agree to these Terms and Conditions of Booking on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those substituted or added at a later date. The signatory must be a member of the party intending to occupy the property and must be over the age of 21 years. This contract is deemed to have been made at Coronation Cottage, Main Road, East Boldre, SO42 7WU and the proper law of the contract is English.